Saturday, July 29, 2017

"When I Am Through with You"

New from Dutton Books for Young Readers: When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn.

About the book, from the publisher:

A gripping story of survival and the razor’s-edge difference between perfect cruelty and perfect love.

“This isn’t meant to be a confession. Not in any spiritual sense of the word. Yes, I’m in jail at the moment. I imagine I’ll be here for a long time, considering. But I’m not writing this down for absolution and I’m not seeking forgiveness, not even from myself. Because I’m not sorry for what I did to Rose. I’m just not. Not for any of it.”

Ben Gibson is many things, but he’s not sorry and he’s not a liar. He will tell you exactly about what happened on what started as a simple school camping trip in the mountains. About who lived and who died. About who killed and who had the best of intentions. But he’s going to tell you in his own time. Because after what happened on that mountain, time is the one thing he has plenty of.

Smart, dark, and twisty, When I Am Through With You will leave readers wondering what it really means to do the right thing.
Visit Stephanie Kuehn's website.

--Marshal Zeringue